Five Tips on How to Lose Weight through Yoga and Diet
Many people are increasingly seeking how to lose weight through yoga and diet. This is because weight loss techniques might be ineffective if not applied well, so the need for adequate knowledge. Indeed, how to lose weight through yoga and diet may not be the commonest of techniques, thus the urgent need for this information to reach as many weight loss enthusiasts as possible or people seeking to lose weight because of health imperatives.
The following are five tips on how to lose weight through yoga and diet.
- Make Some Lifestyle Changes
Achieving weight loss through yoga and diet require discipline and commitment to new lifestyle regimes. For you to lose weight, you must deliberately create a deficit of calories. If you burn less fat than your body produces, then you will gain weight; conversely, if you burn more fat than your body produces, you will achieve weight loss. Yoga classes usually last for about one hour to one hour thirty minutes and if you must take advantage of the weight loss benefits that this system offers, you must discipline yourself and create time to attend the classes. Yoga teachers have a common saying that the most difficult part of yoga is getting out on to your mat in the first place. Once you have made it to class, the difficult part of yoga is over. Furthermore, making low-calorie foods your major food type must also become a way of life.
- Go for the Yoga Poses that Aid Weight Loss
There are yoga poses that experts have recommended because they are great for weight loss. Let’s look at two of them
- The Standing Asana Yoga Pose
One of the typical yoga techniques under the standing pose that helps in burning calories in the body is called the Ardha Chandraasana or the Half Moon pose. To achieve this pose:
- Stand erect with both feet together
- Then raise your hands above your head, clasping both palms together. Stretch your two hands high up as much you can; as if you want to touch the ceiling
- With your hands raised and clasped together, exhale and bend sideways slowly from your hips. It is important to keep your elbows straight and not bend forwards during this process.
- You should inhale at this point and return to the standing position.
- Then repeat the activity but this time bending towards the opposite side.
This yoga pose helps to burn fat around the sides of the tummy and will help to strengthen the belly muscles for a flat abdomen. The pose also helps to tone the buttocks, upper and inner thighs.
- Pavanmuktasana or Free Wind Pose
This is another easy yoga pose with immense benefits for weight loss. Apart from the fact that it helps to burn cholesterol and provides energy for the body to achieve routine daily tasks, this yoga pose helps the mind because of its breath control aspect. The breath control part of yoga helps the body to relax and manage stress effectively. To achieve this pose, these are the simple actions to take:
- Lie flat on the floor
- Lift one of your legs slowly and bend it from the knee
- Support the leg with one of your hands
- Slowly move the raised leg towards your head, as close as your flexibility permits
- Relieve yourself of the position slowly
- Do the same posture again, raising the other leg this time
It is important to note that this posture should be maintained for a few minutes and repeated for best results.
- Maintain a Healthy Diet
If you truly want to take advantage of how to lose weight through yoga and diet, you must understand a basic principle that these two steps go hand-in-hand. So as you are getting on the yoga mat, your diet regime must also be taken into consideration. These are few diet tips you can adopt for effective weight loss.
- Eat Foods Rich in Fibre: Foods that are rich in fibre such as fruits are not rich in calories. They help the metabolism process to happen faster, thereby giving your body the energy it requires faster and helping it absorb the needed nutrients for proper functioning.
- Drink Plenty of Water: Water is a known anti-oxidant which will help you get rid of toxins from the body through the excretory system. It also helps in the smooth-running of the digestive process.
- Avoid Saturated fats and Processed Foods: Foods like butter, chocolates, oils and biscuits are not ideal for healthy weight.
- Have Broad Goals
Your goals matter in achieving weight loss through yoga and diet. Look beyond the physical benefits of yoga and diet and focus on the mental benefits like having a positive self image, improving a relationship or boosting energy levels
- Think Long Term
The process of losing weight through yoga and diet may be long and arduous. Be ready to give what it takes to achieve the self awareness that yoga brings which translate to healthy eating as experts agree. Do not be in a hurry so you don’t get discouraged after a few weeks.
These are hints on how to lose weight through yoga and diet that people aspiring for healthy living can adopt for best results.